"Building Character Starts with Getting Your Kids To Talk."
Parenting Tips by Jean Tracy, MSS, for grades K-6:
Do you like hearing, "You're an interesting person?" Do you go inside yourself, smile, and wonder what the person meant? Wouldn't you like to know? This parenting tip will show you how to make your child smile, know what you meant, and increase her creativity too.
Parenting Tip for Making Your Affirmation Specific:
Let's say your child just told you a story she created. Here are 3 separate ways you could compliment her:
- You are an interesting person because you have a lively imagination.
- You are an interesting person because you're a good story teller.
- You are an interesting person because your face is so expressive when you tell stories.
Specific praise increases the chances that your child will:
- Increase her desire to tell more stories.
- Increase her lively imagination.
- Increase her creativity while telling stories.
- Increase her facial expressions too.
Being a good story teller will definitely attract friends to her. She'll earn good creative writing grades. Because of your specific praise, she could achieve many future rewards. The next time your child does something well, be sure to give her a specific compliment. Pay attention to the results. You'll be glad you did.
Become an expert parent. If you liked this tip, why not praise your children with 75 more affirmations from my:
I invite you to subscribe to my Free Parenting Newsletter and receive 80 fun activities to share with your kids at:
What parenting questions would you like to ask? When I receive your question, I'll send you a parenting surprise. Just email me at:
Best wishes for your parenting success,
Jean Tracy, MSS
Subscribe to our Free Parenting Newsletter at
http://www.KidsDiscuss.com and receive
80 fun activities to share with your kids.