Does your family eat and run? Do they watch TV rather than talk? Family meals bring members together. Why not discuss, listen, and laugh while you eat? Inside you'll find 3 dilemmas to spice up your family meals.
3 Rules for Discussing Dilemmas at Meal Time:
- Make sure the dilemmas are fun
- Members must tell what they truly think
- Each person has a chance to contribute
Begin by using these dilemmas:
- What magical power would you like for one day and how would you use it?
- If a rich kid wanted to buy your parents, how much would you sell them for and why?
- If you could be famous for something, what would it be? Why?
The more members have fun at family meals, the more they'll make the effort to be there. They'll learn to use their imagination, speak up, and listen too. Remember -
"Building character starts with getting your kids to talk."
Presenting your children with dilemmas is a fun and easy way to find out how they think and influence their character too.
If you'd like ready-made dilemmas to ask your kids, pick up my Dilemma Discussion Kit. It offers you easy directions and 51 dilemmas you can start using today. Have fun while you find out how your kids think. Your kids will love expressing themselves.
How do you influence your child's character? Please leave a suggestion, question, or comment at Jean Tracy's Email or click on Comments below.
Subscribe to Jean Tracy's Free Parenting Newsletter at www.KidsDiscuss.com and receive 80 fun activities to share with your kids.