“My kids won’t help. They make me mad. I blow my stack.” Do you feel the same way?
The Patience Plan for Parents
1. Go outside. Breathe fresh air.
Tell yourself, “I’m breathing patience in and blowing anger out.” Do this until you feel calm.
2. Get rational. Realize your kids are lazy for their own reasons.
a.Consider this belief: people do things for positive reasons. Even when they do wrong it’s for reasons that benefit them.
It’s the same with kids. Ask yourself, “What are they getting out of not doing their chores?”
b. Could it be any of these:
- They might want more playtime with friends or video games.
- They might want more cell phone time.
- They might want to relax after an exhausting day at school.
The best way to find out is to ask them. Why? Because we can’t know exactly what anyone is thinking. And that goes for our children too.
- Discuss the situation with your kids. Find out what they want. Tell them what you want. Ask them, “How can we both win?” Brainstorm solutions together.
Calm rational parents get more cooperation from their children. Why? Because they take the time to understand their kids. They teach them the concept of “win-win” too.
Go to: https://www.KidsDiscuss.com
Like this post? Please comment and share it with your friends on social media.
Thank you so much.
With warm wishes,
Sign up for my FREE Parenting News and receive:
- 80 Fun Activities to Share with Your Kids
- 101 Ways to Get Your Children to Cooperate