Are your tattletales driving you batty? Do you want the tattling to stop? Check out the 5 discussions below. Then listen to the 37-second video for a simple solution.
Discussion about Tattling
With your child, discuss the list below. Ask whether the tattler wants to get help for his sibling or get her in trouble. Then say, "Tell me more."
- Mom, she ate all the ice cream.
- Dad, he didn’t help me clean the garage.
- Mom, her nose won’t stop bleeding.
- Dad, he scratched your new car on purpose.
- Mom, he poked his eye with a stick. Which tattle gave a motive for the other sibling’s behavior? Did you need more details about any of the tattles? What tattletale complaints frustrate you in your home? Discuss them too.
This short video clip gives parents one excellent parenting tip for dealing with tattletales. Discuss its solution.
Use the solution whenever one of your children tattles. Be consistent. Let me know the outcome.
If you want more in-depth help - How Parents Stop Kids From Tattling on Sibs.