If you're a parent and have high hopes for your children and their character, you must read what our parenting expert and author, Shefali Tsabary, PhD says. Most of us would heartily agree with the first part of her sentences. But, for me, the second part makes her list of hopes even better. Let's find out if you agree.
7 Best Character Building Hopes for Parents Who Love Their Children
1. Not that they will be a good achiever, but a good learner
2. Not that they will obey you, but that they will respect you
3. Not that they will blindly follow your dictates, but that they will seek your counsel
4. Not that they will follow your vision, but that they will create their own
5. Not that they will achieve "success," but that they will live a life of purpose
6. Not that they won't fail, but that they will find the courage to start again
7. Not that they won't hurt others, but that they will find the grace to ask for forgiveness (page 173)
Do you agree with our expert author? When I took time to think about each hope, I felt Shefali Tsabary took me into the deeper values I really want for my children and grandchildren. How about you?
Join me in APPLAUDING Shefali Tsabary for sharing her hopes for children from her Amazon book, The Conscious Parent.
What are your opinions about this blog post or your suggestions about parent's hopes for their children? Please answer in the comment link below. We want to hear from you.
Jean Tracy, MSS
Sign up for my Free Parenting Newsletter and receive:
- 80 Fun Activities to Share with Your Kids
- 101 Ways to Get Your Children to Cooperate
****** If you liked this article, please write a comment and send it to your social media sites below.