Parents Are Learning How to Build the Ideal Home Life!
Parenting is easier in an ideal home. Our parenting expert, Kathy Slattengren, coaches, teaches, and authors articles and books for parents. She knows about raising healthy happy kids and uses her fun personality to help parents worldwide. Let's see what Kathy has to say.
Envisioning Our Ideal Home
"Parenting is the most difficult job most of us will ever have. It is also an incredibly important job – the way we handle parenting will greatly affect our future happiness. This guidebook is designed to help you think through various parenting choices.
How we react to our children on a daily basis affects our relationship with them. By choosing approaches which include being compassionate and providing guidance, we will build warm, loving relationships with our children. In this chapter, we explore parenting behaviors that help build a strong foundation for understanding and guiding our children.
To begin with, think back to the time when you were anticipating the arrival of your first child.
What were your dreams for this new family you were starting?
What type of home you did you hope to create?
I dreamed of creating a home that feels:
- Welcoming: Everyone in the family feels safe and secure. Home is a comfortable place to be and to share with friends.
- Accepting: Individuals are accepted for who they are and appreciated for their unique gifts, talents and contributions.
- Supportive: Family members help each other out.
- Peaceful: Disagreements and misbehavior are handled without yelling or hitting.
- Positive: The general tone of interactions between family members is constructive.
- Encouraging: When someone is struggling, others find ways to provide hope and encouragement.
Envisioning the type of home you want to create is the first step in making it a reality.
Answer These Questions to Build Your Ideal Home:
What qualities would you like in your ideal home?
Which of these qualities are currently missing from your home?
What is one change you could make that would positively affect how your home feels?"
Let's give Kathy a BIG HAND for helping us envision our Ideal Home.
Kathy Slattengren, M.Ed.
Please connect with Kathy at Priceless Parenting
Kathy also welcomes you to her Online Parenting Classes
Now you can pick up Kathy's Amazon book Priceless Parenting Guidebook
Parents, please take the stage and give your thoughts in the comment link below:
With warm wishes,
Jean Tracy, MSS
Sign up for my FREE Parenting Newsletter and receive 80 Fun Activities to Share with Your Kids and 101 Ways to Get Your Children to Cooperate.
****** If you liked this article, please send it to your social media sites below.