STORIES RULE, WHEN KIDS RESOLVE TO DO GOOD DEEDS, they follow the message today's parenting expert and author, Miriam Laundry, shares in her new book, I Can Make a Difference."
This book promotes what children need for a healthy character - a caring heart and a thoughtful mind.
Your Kids Will Love This Storybook Because:
1. It begins in your child's familiar setting - the classroom.
2. The teacher, Mrs. Ruby, gives each child a positive task.
3. The task makes her students think about how they could make a difference.
4. The story gives the reader more than 7 ideas for doing good deeds.
5. The 3-T Formula at the end of the story is perfect for great discussions.
6. This beautifully illustrated book ends with a special pledge every child can take.
Two Suggestions for Using This Book:
First Idea ~
I suggest parents and teachers read it with their elementary age children and pause to ask them:
1. What do you think Alex's teacher wanted her class to learn?
2. In the beginning of the story did you think Alex was kind of selfish? Why?
3. How did Alex's class help him see his good points?
4. Can you name some ways Alex and his classmates made a difference?
5. What good deeds could you do to make a difference?
Second Idea ~
I encourage parents and teachers to ask their children to create a simple list of what they could do to help others. Post those good deeds on the bulletin board or refrigerator as a reminder. At the end of class time, at dinner time, or at bedtime ask, "How did you make a difference today?" This daily practice could create a healthy mindset in your children.
As I read this book with my grandkids, I asked them the questions and learned special things about each child. They even brainstormed more ideas for making a difference.
Books like Miriam Laundry's will help your children look beyond themselves and show them how to care about others. Because of its terrific message, Miriam's book rules!
Let's THANK Miriam Laundry for making a difference by writing this book. Her story will help your children build a healthy character.
Available at Amazon.com
Was this helpful?
Please click on the Comments link below. It will open up for you. I'd love to hear your thoughts or suggestions.
With warm wishes,
Sign up for my FREE Parenting Newsletter and receive:
- 80 Fun Activities to Share with Your Kids
- 101 Ways to Get Your Children to Cooperate